1. In my magazine I used some convectional aspects that other magazines use. For instance in my front cover the name of my magazine is bold and big and then I have subheading underneath. This is usual when it comes to food magazines. For my front cover I also did some text box talking about other issues that would be discussed in the magazine. Having this characteristic in my magazine shows the involvement of some convections that are utilized in other magazines. In my articles the layout I proceeded to use is convectional for a food magazine. The list of ingredients and the recipe were displayed for the readers to see clearly and have no confusion on what to do. I also gave a brief description of the why the dish is festive and simple to make for the holidays. Lastly, another convection I used was the angle in which the photos were taken. In many food related magazines when a picture of the dish is displayed there are some close up shots, side shots, before and after, and above the dish shots. Using from my previous research I managed to use there techniques in my own magazine. I did this because it would allow the reader to see how the dish is suppose to look like and in a way give them a visual guideline.
2. How my magazine will be engaging with the audience will be through social media and eventually creating an Ad. Our target audience is food fanatics that through enjoy reading and making recipes from the magazine. The age range that we are seeking is between the ages 25 and up. We plan to reach out audience my creating an instagram page. This page will have pictures of some dishes that our magazine talks about. We also will be letting our audience know when a certain issue is coming out. Some magazines we used as reference were Simply Southern, Food & Wine, and Bon Appetite. All these magazines had similar target audiences in which we were aiming for and gave us the opportunity to see how these magazines reached out to their readers. We plan to distribute our magazine digitally. We plan on using an app called Magzter Newsstand. This app allows us to have our magazine on their app and allow for our readers to purchase the magazine through there. Some magazines that use this app is Food & Wine, Bon Appetite and Food Network magazine.
No comments:
Post a Comment